Voxtopica seeks a passionate podcast lover to join our production team as a part-time assistant producer.
We are a creative production agency helping mission-driven enterprises tell compelling audio stories. We work with clients in science, tech, health care, and public policy to develop podcasts that reach their most important audiences.
The Assistant Producer will work closely with the producers, writers, and audio engineers to assist in producing multiple shows. The Assistant Producer must have exceptional time management skills, pay close attention to detail, and be very organized. Production and writing experience are preferred, and an interest in podcast production is necessary.
This is a part-time position with an expectation of about 15 hours per week, with the expectation that the right candidate will grow the role into a full-time position within two years.
Location: Remote in the USA.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working with clients, guests, and engineers to schedule recording sessions
- Developing marketing assets such as quote cards and audiograms
- Writing episode descriptions, show notes, and episode titles
- Preparing and reviewing transcripts
- Publishing episodes across multiple channels
- Maintaining an organized file management system
- Assisting with research
- Extreme attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Clear communication skills
- General availability between 9 am and 6 pm ET
- 1 year of experience in production or administrative work
- 1 year of writing experience
- Great time management
- A passion for audio storytelling and podcast production
- Diversity of voices in the marketplace gives people more opportunities to make well-rounded decisions.
- Every person should be treated equally, all the time, in any situation.
- We appreciate diversity in all aspects of humanity and respect and promote people’s individuality.
- Everyone should have every opportunity possible to succeed.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and links to portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject line.